Integrated control systems enable large organizations to effectively monitor and manage technologies that are essential for core operations and business activities. While emerging technologies create new opportunities, they also present new challenges that threaten the security and integrity of critical systems. Integrated control systems mitigate this risk and ensure that all technologies and devices are functioning appropriately, regardless of the scope or sophistication of the system.
Benefits of Integrated Control Systems
At SDI, we know how important it is for all system components to perform to expectations since even a single lapse or malfunction can result in security vulnerabilities, lost productivity and other outcomes that ultimately impact the organization’s bottom line. Our integrated control systems solutions equip your organization with the technology to detect and avoid system failures, even if devices and system components are spread across a wide geographic area.
With SDI integrated control systems, you gain access to several important benefits – advantages that can mean the difference between success and failure in your organization.
- Peace of mind. Integrated control systems offer peace of mind to stakeholders tasked with ensuring the seamless operation of critical systems and system components. By migrating monitoring functions to a single user interface, your organization can leverage a common operating view that rapidly alerts personnel to problems or issues with disparate system components.
- Improved efficiency. The common operating view achieved through integrated control systems also enables your organization to achieve meaningful gains in operational efficiency. Instead of relying on multiple team members or dashboards to monitor various processes and components, your organization can successfully manage the entire system from a single interface, creating opportunities for efficiency in staffing and other areas.
- Better performance. Integrated control systems improve technology performance by enhancing situational awareness and minimizing downtime for key systems, allowing your organization to make the most of critical technology investments.
What to Look for in an Integrated Control Systems Provider
Finding the right integrated control systems partner is the first step toward improving reliability and performance in your organization. Not all integrated control systems providers are created equal, so it’s important to look for several characteristics when selecting a technology partner.
- Enterprise Expertise – It’s essential to focus on technology partners that have a track record in designing and implementing integrated control systems in large, enterprise organizations. The sophistication of enterprise systems, combined with the geographic diversity of system components and devices, requires a nuanced understanding of the technology challenges shared by most large organizations.
- Multi-disciplinary, Cross-Industry Experience – The best integrated control systems providers have multi-disciplinary andcross-industry experience. The successful integration of disparate components demands expertise across many different technological disciplines. Cross-industry experience, on the other hand, enables your provider to apply key learnings from other industries to your integrated control systems initiative.
- Customization – A one-size-fits-all approach won’t cut it when it comes to the deployment of integrated control systems technology. Instead, look for providers with the knowledge and resources to customize control systems technology to your specific needs and operational context.
SDI is a proven systems integrator that specializes in the design, deployment and support of integrated control systems in large, enterprise organizations. From start to finish, SDI is a true technology partner with the experience to help your organization achieve maximum advantage from your integrated control systems investments.