Video and Access Control Installation/Integration for a National Airline
A major airline contracted with SDI to design an upgrade their legacy CCTV systems at an international hub aiport, including for a new club facility. As part of the new construction, SDI installed CCTV systems with a Windows-based, Digital Video Management System (DVMS) utilizing off-the-shelf hardware and leveraging their IT network. The airport shared funding of the video system ‘head-end’ component so that airport security could access all airline cameras.
- Install new cameras to provide more video coverage for Customer Service staff
- Better utilize real-time video to support the Station Operations Center, Customer Service, and Baggage Operations
- Provide capability to retrieve and play recorded video to support operations assessments and incident review
- Provide flexible video retrieval and viewing capability to a greater range of end users and functional managers
- Deliver a DVMS that is expandable to support more cameras at more locations
The new system needed to leverage the airline’s existing network while providing new cameras and real-time video capabilities.
- Overall Program Management
- Video system design, specification and documentation
- Coordinated with construction team to deliver systems within project timelines
- Access control and video integration of design and programming
- Design ‘fiber network connectivity’ solution leveraging the airline’s existing fiber network
- Installed network switches and video encoder equipment and integration with the airline and airport’s network
- Installed, configured and commissioned video system head-end and video storage component
- Installed cameras
- Installed video viewing stations
- Customized off-the-shelf training materials for airport personnel
- Developed and integrated a ‘wiper control’ module into the video system to eliminate the need for manual controls
- Provided training and on-going support
Airline personnel have unprecedented control over an expanded and improved video system that is integrated with access controls and the City network.