Simplify the complexity of your data center.
Converged infrastructure integrates computers, network, and local storage for easier administration – but still leaves the management of virtualization, storage area networks, and high-availability configurations up to the system administrator.
Hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) simplifies this complexity by unifying storage, computing, networking, and virtualization resources into a powerful, easy-to-deploy solution that reduces capital costs and administrative overhead. By combining these into one unified solution, organizations of all sizes can reduce their risk and benefit from the potential of a software-defined data center.
Agility. Security. Cost Efficiency.
With a software-defined data center, capacity can be expanded as needed. Each node is typically either a 2U box or an additional blade in a chassis adding CPUs, memory, and storage. All CPUs and storage are shared in the HCI architecture.
Common applications for HCI include video management systems where disk access and CPU is at a premium or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (“VDI”) where uptime and processing are critical.
SDI Presence has helped our government and utility clients realize the benefits of an HCI architecture:
- Simplified management: all components of an HCI system can be managed from one console
- Dynamic quality of service: policy-based quality of service ensures predictable, guaranteed performance and protection for applications based on business priority.
- Software-defined storage: Storage resources from all nodes are aggregated into a shared pool that all related applications can access, regardless of which physical server they reside on.
- Extreme resiliency: All data stored remains protected and accessible even after multiple component failures.
- Hardware independent: Most currently manufactured Intel-based servers and storage can be integrated into HCI leveraging existing hardware or keeping with your hardware standards.
SDI’s Managed Services supports over 2000 mission-critical servers and Petabytes of storage with certified engineers in partnership with leading-edge technology vendors.