A Natural Gas Utility client contracted SDI to implement an Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system. Over the two-year project term, SDI delivered project management, change management, testing, and training professional services. Key project deliverables included:
- Replacement of the current outdated enterprise asset management work management system.
- Delivery of a sustainable change management strategy and companion tactics to enhance user awareness and ensure adoption of the new ways of working.
- Establishment of a business-focused approach for the change based on high levels of user involvement.
- Development of an iterative release strategy, moving away from traditional waterfall methodology.
SDI change management services delivered include:
- Comprehensive multi-year change strategy and plan
- Detailed analysis – assessment (stakeholders, impacts)
- Leadership and employee engagement plan
- Change agent network
- Internal change management campaign and branded multimedia communication plan
- Training strategy, training team coaching, development of materials, and training delivery
- Relevant metrics derived from readiness surveys, lessons learned, user feedback, and other devices
- Periodic recognition and celebration
- Change Feedback (after Release 1)
Project Results (after Release 1)
- 99 percent of respondents say that training was valuable
- 90 percent of leaders agree with the change approach