IT Managed Service Program at Major Public Transportation System
The second largest public transportation system was seeking a partner to support the managed services for their network, network servers and help desk functions. The Transit Authority desired integrated support services that include installation and integration of new equipment, proactive fault monitoring, technician dispatch for break/fix, troubleshooting, performance monitoring, reporting, and a single point of contact for all IT related issues.
The Authority contracted with SDI to provide Technology Support Services for more efficient operations of their network and help desk, including:
- Overall Project Management
- Network Operations Center (NOC) – 24/7/365 Network Support – 2000+ switches, routers, servers, network video recorders and storage arrays.
- PC Management – 3500 desktops supported over 190 sites
- Server Management/Support – Active Directory Servers, File and Print, Exchange , Blackberry Servers, Application Servers and Remote Domain Servers totaling over 100 servers.
- Help Desk with Level 1 support
- Projects – Network Upgrade, AD Migration, PC Deployment, Exchange re- architecture, Monitor Upgrades
- SDI improved performance and established service levels to ensure stability, reliability, and availability of the Transit Authority’s Network
- SDI is the single provider to manage the Authority’s network infrastructure, desktop environment and software management