SDI Corporate Social Responsibility: 2016 Year In Review
December 29, 2016
SDI Finishes Year Strong with Philanthropy, Diversity, and Wellness Programs
CHICAGO, December 29, 2016 – In 2016, SDI Presence took significant steps to hone its current business practices to more positively affect the communities in which we live. SDI is proud to share some of our philanthropic involvement, diversity practices, and employee well-being over the past year:
- SDI participated in the Chicago Summer Business Institute‘s internship program, providing mentoring on on-site business training to our CPS student Jzaphri Jackson (he provides his internship insights in our blog).
- This holiday season, SDI employees donated food items to support our Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) in their annual holiday food drive.
- The SDI Team laced up their running shoes to participate in the client Midway International Airport’s Fly Away 5K, benefitting the Chicago Special Olympics.
- As part of our holiday celebrations, SDI made a financial donation to the Mercy Home for Boys & Girls, a privately funded childcare and residential home for abused, homeless and neglected children based in Chicago. SDI is proud to have supported Mercy Home for the past 17 years through internships, event participation, and financial contributions.
- SDI initiated a company-wide wellness program – SDI Strong – dedicated to promoting healthier lifestyles, increasing awareness of personal health, and providing education and tools to assist in improving health. With 46% of employees participating in the program, we lost 387.4 pounds as a team!
- As part of the SDI Strong program, the team took part in the 9/11 Heroes Run race in several Cities throughout the US.
- The SDI Strong program also provided our employees with several health seminars, food choice education and built a sense of camaraderie with co-workers.
- SDI was certified as a Minority-owned Business Enterprise (MBE) with the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) and several other certifying entities.
- SDI is a member of Chicago United’s Five Forward program and built a team of other IT-oriented MBEs to help build their business capacity.
- SDI attended, exhibited and presented at various NMSDC events in Chicago, Charleston, Charlotte and Los Angeles.
“At SDI, we understand what it means to be present for our clients and our community,” states SDI CEO, David Gupta. “Those are the values this company was brought up on and we look forward to continuing our commitment to our corporate social responsibility initiatives.”
Over the past 20 years, SDI has committed to over 40 local philanthropies in our Chicago, Charleston and Los Angeles communities.
About SDI (SDI Presence LLC)
Mission-critical systems integrator SDI delivers intelligent technology solutions to ensure client operational performance, security and revenue generation. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI addresses the higher IT demands of critical environments to deliver zero downtime, enhanced security and risk mitigation strategies. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients includes some of the nation’s largest airports, commercial real estate portfolios and national banks and financial services organizations. SDI delivers deep technical expertise with an agile delivery model focused on complete customer satisfaction. Visit us at https://www.sdipresence.com and follow us on LinkedIn: SDI Presence and Twitter: @SDIPresence
For media inquiries, please contact:
Dawn Nash Pfeiffer
Chief Marketing Officer