ATM skimming is a huge fraud concern for banks and credit unions. Card skimming – a technique used by criminals to copy personal data from the magnetic strip on an ATM card – represents 80 percent of all attacks against the ATM, the #1 ATM crime globally.
Skimming is a technologically sophisticated crime, requiring a technologically sophisticated response.
SDI provides financial institutions with a very cost-effective solution that addresses today’s ATM skimming challenges and delivers maximum availability and convenience to their customers.
SDI’s Anti-Skimming Solution
SDI’s anti-skimming device (ASD) will detect skimming devices and other foreign objects that may be attached to an ATM for the purpose of obtaining/stealing debit/credit card information as well as PIN numbers. SDI’s ASD uses photocell technology to detect skimming device placements, and will instantly activate an alarm or shutdown the operation of the ATM. SDI’s ASD also:
- Detects Radio Frequency (RF) waves.
- Can send e-mail and SNMP to authorized users and responders.
- Shows history and provides details of all alarm activity. Review of the information will provide insight as to why the alarm triggered and help determine the best course of action. History files can be exported into Excel file for detailed data analysis.
- Requires little on-site maintenance: Firmware software is contained within the skimming devices. Updates are downloaded automatically, directly to the device. No need to ever uninstall the device for updates or need to access the device at the ATM. Additionally, SDI’s ASD’s can be restarted remotely.
- Features a flexible relay configuration for multipurpose usage.
- Disables ATM if the machine is compromised.
- Restarts an ATM remotely after a power outage.
- Features a customizable low-light setting for each ATM machine.
Contact us for more information about SDI’s safety, security and IT solutions for banks.