Gas Utility Work Asset Management Assessment
The SDI utility client collectively manages a network of over 8,000 miles of distribution pipelines and a natural gas storage facility located 4,000 feet below ground that stores enough natural gas to warm more than 320,000 homes a year.
The utility selected SDI for its Work Asset Management Assessment Project, to establish a high-level requirements definition, high-level technical blueprint, cost estimates and an implementation plan for the replacement of the utility’s Work Asset Management System.
- Centralize and standardize access to data for decision making
- Develop a clear view of what processes were to be impacted by integrated asset management technology
- Improve field productivity
- Streamline work across the organization
- Standardize field mobile device use
- Business process analysis/current state validation on all existing Work and Asset Management System modules
- New business requirements definition with project stakeholders
- Business process engineering
- Final Work and Asset Management System recommendations
- Cost and future capability roadmap