Technical Support for Large US City’s 911 Center
SDI delivers technical services to the 911 emergency response department of a major US City, providing well-certified talented staff and in-depth knowledge of the 911 systems and operations.
SDI Deliverables and Services:
- On-site, 24x7x365 system support for over 77 LAN positions;
- Reverse 911 implementation: Project Management and Technical Support for the implementation of a robust mass telephony system to reach the public in an expeditious manner to provide emergency instructions in the event of a crisis via a prerecorded action message.
- Implementation of a collaborative incident management solution
- Requirements Analysis for the Emergency Management application, developed functional and data requirements in conjunction with a number of City departments and external departments and agencies providing real-time information.
- SDI developed the Building GIS Application, a web-based application and data portal allowing key decision makers access to critical building data and related floor plan data during daily dispatch operations.
- 911 City base map development
- City-wide emergency evacuation CADD file maintenance
- Upgraded network and security equipment.
- Firewall/security infrastructure assessments and recommendations
- Ongoing support including:
- Backup network support for criminal offender database
- Desktop, server and email support
- Incident management center support
- Java application development and application support
- Network support
- Technical project management
- Traffic management systems support
- Financial administrative support
- GIS support
The SDI staff delivers reliable technology systems and infrastructure support services, allowing the city’s 911 Center to process over 15,000 calls daily for emergency service.