MMIS Network Infrastructure and Hardware Installation
The nation’s second largest public transportation system needed to upgrade and extend their existing network infrastructure to support all of their facilities across the city area.
The Transit Authority contracted with SDI to extend the Data Network of the Authority’s eight bus garages; eight rail terminals; the two bus and rail maintenance training facilities; and both of its bus and rail repair shops in addition to installation and testing of data and power lines for each of the bus and rail locations.
- Overall Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Electrical and Network Design
- Network Stress Analysis
- Installation and testing of data and power lines for each of the bus and rail locations
- Extended network and fiber that was already installed
- Installation of Wireless Networks in nine rail yards
- Purchase and installation of ruggedized hardware
- Maintenance and support
￼This project was completed on time and within budget. The Data Network was extended for a more efficient and effective way of communication between rail yards, buses, and terminals.