Technical Support for Tolling Authority’s Intelligent Transportation System
The Tollway deploys and operates a Traffic Incident Management System (TIMS). The system consists of CCTV cameras, vehicle detectors, permanent and portable dynamic message signs, weigh-in-motion stations, and road weather information stations (RWIS). SDI was contracted to provide Engineering services required to provide the Tollway with necessary management, oversight, and technical support related to the maintenance of the ITS equipment, TIMS communications and networking, and fiber optics operations and maintenance.
Engineering services are required to provide the Tollway with necessary management, network integration, oversight, and technical support related to the construction and maintenance of the ITS equipment, and design changes to ITS communication and networking. Services are also required to review contract documents and specifications prepared by other consultants with respect to impacts to the ITS Network by the roadway design and other improvements of the Move program. The selected consultant would provide on-site staff for this support.
SDI was contracted to provide Engineering services:
- Provide five on-site support staff performing Project/Program Management services
- Day-to-day management of the ITS maintenance contractor
- Communications and networking support that consists of planning, design, and integration support for the TIMS communications system
- Day-to-day monitoring and management of the ITS communication network
- Day-to-day support and operational checks of all ITS field assets
- Day-to-day administration of the maintenance tracking system, asset management system, vendor warranties, and asset maintenance contracts
- Video and Network Architecture Design and product vendor assessment and recommendations
- Implementation of a digital network to transport ITS video and data
- Implementation of an issue tracking system, asset management system and asset status reporting
SDI provides ongoing support and maintenance that includes day-to-day monitoring and management of the ITS Communication Network. We continue to provide on- site support staff.