Integrated Security Systems for Commercial Office Building and City Department of Transportation HQ
The Department of Transportation is an agency of the government which manages and maintains publicly owned transportation infrastructure in the city. The DOT is the lead agency with authority over the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of alleys, bridges, sidewalks, streets, street lights, and traffic signals in the City.
A multi-story, 275,000 square foot Class A office building is currently home to 1,000+ personnel and several organizations, including the City Department of Transportation offices. The facility required enterprise security technology deployment and on-going support.
The project design/scope/pricing was developed with the City’s DOT and the Department of General Services. The security project was then was assigned to the owner’s selected General Contractor. SDI performed a turnkey security deployment for the project allowing for both local control and integration into the Citywide Electronic Security System.
SDI was responsible for deployment and on-going management of the integrated security management systems for the facility. SDI provided equipment procurement, design/ documentation, installation, testing, commissioning, and training for the project including the following services:
- Smart Card Access Control
- Electronic Locking Hardware/Delayed Egress Locking Systems
- Alarm Management System
- Video Surveillance System
- Video Storage and Archival
- Permits and Inspections
- Cabling Backbone, Edge Device Installation, Final Connections, Initialization, Testing, and Programming
- Mapping and Icon Placement
- Access Category Creation
- Alarm Linkage
- Security Command and Control Center Integration
- Close-Out Documentation/CAD Drawings
- Project Management and Program Administration
- Post-Sale Maintenance and Sustainment Text
The successful deployment contained both brown-field and green-field elements. The base building was occupied with tenants during the DOT security deployment. Project moves/adds/changes were completed during the time where the Owner occupied the space – with no downtime.